Christmas is always special, but never more so than when kids are involved, especially a newbaby! Baby’s very first Christmas is definitely one for the books. It’s a lovely time to buy something special for baby, whether it’s your little one, your niece, nephew, or grandchild, and it’s also anopportunity to gift something for the parents who have probably had the most exhausting year oftheir lives so far!
So what are some amazing gifts for baby’s first Christmas? Read ahead for some suggestions,from our Giftbox Boutique selection of gift boxes, to other gifts we've found and loved for our own babies (we’re not just gift box experts here, we’re baby experts too!).
1. Bunny Blankie Comforter
- It’s cute, it’s soft, it’s our extremely sought-after Bunny Blankie Comforter! Every baby needs the perfect little companion, and this cutie can be purchased by itself, or added to any other gift box. Baby will love and adore this new bestie!
2. The Neutral Nature Baby
- With a snuggly organic cotton beanie, socks and a organic cotton hooded towel from this iconic brand and some delicious treats for Mum & Dad (a helping hand through those first few long nights!). This is a perfect combination of snuggle & snack to celebrate a new addition!
3. A keepsake Christmas book
- We love gifting books for babies, especially really beautiful keepsake books that can be enjoyed for years, and even handed down one day. Some Christmas books we adore are ’Twas The Night Before Christmas’, ‘The Penguin Book of Christmas Stories’, and ‘The Nutcracker’. Not only are they amazing gifts for new babes, they often become family favourites, and can even inspire a new Christmas tradition - You can’t beat a family story on Christmas Eve, before tucking the kids in for Santa’s arrival!
4. The New Arrival
- Filled with treats for the new parents (cookies & chocolate - parenthood essentials!), plus a Nature baby soap and a Babu cotton bodysuit for baby, this is a mix of practical, cute, and delicious!
5. Baby’s first Christmas ornament
- This is a special Christmas tradition to start! Gift a Christmas ornament each year so they build up a fabulous festive collection, with lovely memories attached! You could even label them each year, so they know who gifted it and when.
6. The For Mum & Bub
- This is the perfect combined Mum & baby gift… For baby we have a Babu cotton bodysuit & wrap, a Bunny Blankie Comforter, and some Nature Baby soap. For Mum we have an Ecoya Hand & Body Lotion, chocolate pretzels, Ferrero Rochers, and shortbread! This will put a smile on both their faces.
7. A beautiful wooden toy
- It can be something big like a rocking horse, or something small like a rattle or car, but what we love most about wooden toys is that they last forever, and become a special keepsake that can be handed on for generations, making it really special!
Christmas time with babies and kids involved is so much fun, but the very first Christmas with your newest family member is a really memorable & special one, and those first Christmas gifts are so fun to give! Remember to snap some photos by the Christmas tree, and spoil them with lots of cuddles. And each year, it only gets more fun from here! Merry Christmas!