Dad’s support us, give us advice, fix things when they break, give in easier than Mum, spoil us, and love us unconditionally. If you’re wondering how to thank your Dad, Step-Dad, Father in law, Grandfather or father figure for Father’s Day this year, how about a delicious and easy Father’s Day breakfast?
Whether he’s the breakfast in bed after a sleep in type, the sweet tooth, a lover of the classics, the type to want fuel for the family bike ride, or the early riser you’ll have to set an alarm to beat, we have the best Father’s Day breakfast menu ideas for him, all Dad-approved…
- Steak & eggs - Get Dad ready for a big day of family activities with a plate of steak & eggs. We love to serve it with roast potatoes or hash browns, and grilled tomatoes. Get him fuelled up with the real deal of Dad breakfasts!
2. Pancakes - Everyones favourite! Topping options are endless, from caramelised bananas & bacon, berries & cream, stewed apple & coconut, lemon & sugar, or just a generous serving of maple syrup… Pick Dad’s favourite, deliver him a stack in bed with a cup of coffee, and collect those brownie points!
3. Breakfast burger - Dad’s love a burger, but a burger with bacon & eggs as the main fillings? Yes please! Add in a generous slice of cheese, some sautéed onions & relish, and serve it on a toasted bun - the coveted title of favourite child is coming your way!
4. Big breakfast - A beloved breakfast of Dad’s the world over - Recreate his cafe favourite at home with a big plate of toast, eggs, hash browns, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, sausages and baked beans. You can’t go wrong with this classic, and he’ll be full & ready for some Father’s Day activities.
5. B.L.E.A.T - Bacon, lettuce, egg, avocado and tomato, stacked between 2 pieces of toasted bread. Add some sauce or relish, a side of coffee, and await the compliments from Dad!
6. Quick and easy delights - If you're short on time, don't fret! There are plenty of quick and easy Father's Day breakfast ideas that you can whip up in no time. A simple bowl of his favourite cereals with fresh fruit or a yoghurt parfait with granola and honey can be just as delicious.
Whatever you have planned for Father’s Day this year, jumpstart it the right way and show him how much you care with a delicious Father’s Day breakfast in bed. Because the way to Dad’s heart is definitely through his stomach!