In light of the recent landscape, we understand that you may have concerns specifically over courier deliveries that involve some level of human contact, for example handling of the scanner when signing for a parcel.
New Zealand Couriers, our courier partner has now implemented contact-less courier deliveries, so you won't need to make any human contact with courier drivers or staff when yourself or your recipients are receiving your parcels.
How does contact-less delivery work?
- The delivery driver arrives at your premises and alerts you that they have arrived e.g. knock on your door
- The delivery driver will stand about 2 meters away from you and ask for your name, then they will enter it and sign then CV-19 on your behalf (this will show in the tracking information)
- They'll then place your parcel down in front of them to complete the delivery or in a more appropriate place you indicate e.g. the doorstep
As usual, if you aren't present when the delivery driver arrives, they will leave a missed delivery card.
Will all courier deliveries be contact-less?
Yes. This is the standard delivery process for both signature required parcels and non-signature parcels from our courier provider. We want to minimise the risk to our people; customers and community in all parts of our business.
How does a contact-less branch pick up work?
- As always, the courier staff will ask for your name and collect your parcel
- For signature required parcels, they will then enter your name and sign CV-19 on your behalf (this signature will show in the tracking information)
- Staff will then place it on the counter for you to pick up.
Will all branch pick ups be contact-less?
Yes. This is the standard pick up process for both signature required parcels and non-signature parcels. We want to minimise the risk to our people; customers and community in all parts of our business.